Senior Production Engineer / General Manager designate
Based: Welwyn Garden City – our manufacturing subsidiary
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 based on experience and trial period
This is a challenging position! After a suitable transition period, the role will lead to running the day to day operations of our small but rapidly growing medical device production facility.
- General and operations management: Managing and leading the team of people.
- Hands on production and quality engineering: Communicating to, and training of all employees.
- Managing products and processes within a quality management system. To include verification and validation of clean-room processes, packaging, sterilisation, tooling and maintenance.
- Supplier management.
- Quality: Supported by the Quality Manager and a small quality team, maintaining the scope of the ISO 13485 quality management system to include management, design and development, manufacturing, service and distribution of medical devices.
- Technical: Generating and maintaining technical dossiers for CE marking purposes.
- Updating and defining mechanical and electrical engineering requirements.
- Sales and Marketing: Ensuring the effectiveness of our distributors and direct clients.
- Customer Service: Direct support of clinicians and patients.
- Ability to prioritise, coordinate resources, problem solve, make decisions, directing training and communicating to the team,
- Keep current with the changing regulatory and quality system requirements.